What is multi-factor authentication?
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an authentication method used to increase digital security by ensuring that users are who they say they are, granting access only after the user successfully presents multiple pieces of evidence (or “factors”).
These factors typically include:
- Something a person knows — a password or PIN.
- Something a person has — a physical device referred to as a token.
- Something a person is — a physical characteristic such as a fingerprint, voice pattern or other biometric.
Multi-factor authentication doesn’t have to be a pain.
In today’s world — filled with malware, compromised credentials and sophisticated credential attackers — additional factors of authentication are needed to in order to know the true identity behind any digital transaction.
However, although users say they want more security, they are usually frustrated by having to jump through additional authentication hoops — from remembering usernames to typing one-time passwords (OTPs). And unhappy users lead to security workarounds, productivity losses and high support costs.
MFA has become a necessary evil. But while we agree it’s necessary, it doesn’t have to be evil.
The age of passwords is over.
Trusona has engineered a passwordless multi-factor authentication solution that is both more secure and more simple to use. No passwords means no credentials to steal and no hassle for users.
Only Trusona offers a consolidated authentication solution for use across your entire organization, allowing you to consolidate and simplify your logins across use-cases and levels of risk.
Remove usernames, passwords and OTPs from the authentication user experience to increase employee productivity, reduce IT support costs and mitigate security risks of static credentials.
No typing required.
Watch the award-winning demo of passwordless multi-factor authentication
(Finovate Best of Show winner. Twice.)
Why organizations love it:
- Offers a passwordless alternative
- No need to purchase and issue OTP tokens
- Offers step-up authentication through ID scanning (learn more here)
- Does not rely on unsafe SMS networks — uses DeviceID and push notifications
- Employs patented anti-replay technology on every authentication
- Easily integrates via SAML and several other technologies
- Works with any SSO like Okta, Ping, Forgerock and Microsoft
- No provisioning required
Why users love it:
- Does not require any typing — no usernames, no passwords, no OTPs
- Consistent authentication experience on any channel: PC, mobile, call center and more
- Does not require tokens — only a mobile phone
Learn more about Trusona’s Passwordless Identity Authentication solutions: two-factor, three-factor and even four-factor insured authentication.
Interested in Trusona MFA? Request a free demo.
“In a world where cybercrime is rapidly evolving, passwords are severely outdated. Trusona has pioneered the passwordless revolution with technology that offers a simple, yet highly secure authentication alternative.”
— Frank Abagnale Jr.
Renowned fraud prevention expert, best-selling author & subject of “Catch Me If You Can”
A path to passwordless that's safe and certain
Breaking up with the password isn’t trivial, but that doesn’t mean it has to be painful. With the expertise of the pioneers in passwordless identity authentication, the move beyond passwords is as planned and proven as it is invaluable.